The Caswell Vlachos Group is a mergers and acquisitions firm that represents business owners seeking to exit their businesses and, in the process, often achieving very significant capital or other financial gains. We work closely with our clients to facilitate the positioning, marketing and sale of their companies. Our clients generally come from throughout New England, often with exit valuations in the range of $2 million to $10 million, though this can vary. Our affiliations with national and regional organizations; relationships with private equity groups and other financial buyers; and strong ties with an extensive network of industry professionals, including attorneys, accountants, consultants, investment banks and financial advisers; and utilization of electronic bulletin boards, assure access to a large, constantly enhanced, pool of qualified buyers. We offer a guided approach throughout the complex process of a business sale. We work to help owners achieve the best sale terms while striving to ensure the sale progression is as smooth as possible and that confidentiality is maintained. From the time we are engaged, we work in a team-oriented fashion, within our group, and with you and your advisers, to help you move from the hard work associated with building your business to achieving your exit strategy goals. Key elements in CVG’s successful sales process:
- A strong, evolving buyer pool – Though CVG represents only business owners, we make it a priority to constantly work at attracting qualified prospective buyers so that qualified acquisition candidates are available for introduction to our client companies. CVG’s unique approach to the owner-operator buyer market, which often represents the best (and sometimes only) buyers for companies in the $2 million to $10 million size range, sets it apart from other M&A firms. In addition to owner-operators, CVG has frequent contact with and an extensive database of private equity groups, and is effective at identifying and working with strategic buyers.
- Preparation of a valuation – Working with the business owner and often the business owner’s advisers, CVG prepares an estimate of the sale price of the business. Importantly, CVG takes advantage of its background and connections in banking to do extensive work with respect to possible financing scenarios as the availability of financing and related potential financing issues, and the nature of the capital structure, can have an impact on the potential marketability and sale value of a business.
- Quality marketing materials – This includes a comprehensive Offering Memoran-dum, which provides a detailed summary of the business opportunity.
- Marketing – Our buyers come from three general areas:
- Internal buyer base – developed over a period of many years
- Referrals from professionals and past clients
- External marketing
- Negotiations – We maintain the lead role in negotiating the transaction and actively work with our clients to realize the best overall terms available, while doing our best to ensure the sale has a positive outcome.
- Alleviation of seller sales burden – Selling a business is exceptionally time-consuming for the business owner. Beyond quality of life issues, the operating performance of a business during the time it is on the market is critical. CVG strives to make our client’s burden as light as possible during this period so the owner can focus on on-going operations.
CVG will manage the sales process in a manner that allows ownership to maintain focus on the ongoing operations of the company. We provide the expertise and professional guidance required to get the deal done.
Our experienced team would be pleased to have a confidential conversation with no cost or obligation to you. CVG contact information available here.